The Early Intervention Service provides personalised support in the home and/or early childhood setting for :
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing babies and children birth to school age
- hearing children of Deaf adults (CODA)
- families, carers and early childhood staff.
Our programs are tailored to meet individual needs and reflect each family’s communication choice. The team is made up of qualified teachers of the Deaf and a speech pathologist.
We offer high quality language and communication programs including:
- speech and language development
- “Learning to Listen”
- Key Word signs
- Auslan (Australian Sign Language)
- sessions targeting specific learners.
Babies/children diagnosed with a hearing loss may be referred through the Newborn Hearing Screening Program. For referrals outside of this process, please contact the Early Intervention Team.
The level of government-funded support is negotiated depending on the needs of the child and family and is not subject to NDIS eligibility.